Padmasan is the best asana for Pranayam, meditation & concentration. “Padma” means lotus. In this asana the position of legs looks like a blooming lotus.
Steps to follow:
While doing any asana, it is very important to be alert & be conscious of what we are doing.
Pre- Position – Sitting position.
1. Sit on the ground by spreading legs forward. Keep 1 to 1.5 feet distance in both the legs.
2. Place the right foot on left thigh. (Place left toe on the right thigh & heel on the groin of left leg.)
3. And the left foot on right thigh. (Place right toe on the left thigh & heel on the groin of right leg)
4. Keep the wrist of both the hand on the respective knees & take “ Dyana Mudra” .
1. Keep Body, Back & head straight.
2. Eyes should be closed.
3. Keep muscles relax.
Releasing of Asana:
1. Bring the hands besides the wrist.
2. Straighten the right leg
3. Strighten the left leg.
4. Get the both the legs together & back to sitting postion.
Duration: Min 2 mins. After exercise this period can be increased to 2- 3 hrs.
Benefits of Asana:
- Improves Concentration.
- Bring peace, solitude & longetivity to the yoga practioner.
- Prevents abdominal disease & female disorders connected with the reproductive organ.
- Muscle strain reduced, which in turn reduces the strain on heart.
- Stabilisng the Pulse & slowdown the breathing.
As it is very simple, everyone can do this asana.