Whole wheat egg white open toast sandwich is an easy option for evening snacks. Vegetables on multigrain bread make colourful and healthier preparation with high fibre content while egg whites add on to the protein content. This recipe is good for weight watchers and those with diabetes.
Ingredients for whole wheat egg white open toast sandwich:
- Whole wheat or multigrain bread – 1 slice
- Milk – 2 tsp
- Egg Whites – 2
- Onions chopped – 1/2 medium
- Tomato chopped -1/2 medium
- Green Bell pepper chopped -1/2 medium
- Mustard powder -1 Tsp
- Green chilli chopped- 1 small
- Salt and black pepper – to taste
Method for Whole wheat egg white open toast sandwich:
- Combine the egg white, milk, onion , tomato, green bell pepper, mustard powder, Green chillies, black pepper and salt and keep aside.
- Toast the bread slice on the toaster on both sides till it is golden brown.
- Spread the prepared mixture on each toasted slice.
- Grill in an oven at 175 degrees.
- Serve hot with mint coriander chutney.
Nutritional value of Whole wheat egg white open toast sandwich:
- Energy: 128 kcals
- Protein: 8 g
- Fats: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 21 g