Pregnancy is the precious time in female’s life. After the child birth she need to take care of her and baby’s health. Diet during this period is very important for feeding baby and herself to recover from the child birth. Since years lactating mothers are fed with high calorie foods. These increased calorie foods are essential for mother. This is the period when mothers gain weight and losing this is a big task for them. Following few tips will help you in weight loss after pregnancy:
- Be patient and start with your weight loss: After pregnancy there can be many physical changes in female. You need to be patient enough to deal with this. Increased weight may affect your looks but with time you can come back to your previous figure. To start with weight loss you need to be patient. As you will have to deal with baby and look after yourself.
- Take ample of rest for first three months: Post-delivery you need to take ample of rest for first three months. You need not worry during this period about weight gain. Consult with your health experts and chart out exactly how much fats (oil/ ghee) , protein, calcium you need. After three months you can start with little exercise.
- If you had C-section deliver: Discuss with your doctor about your exercise routine. As per current new trends person who had C-section deliver can start light exercises like walking after three months. But beware about weight training exercises.
- Adjust your routine with your Baby: to start anything for yourself you need to go as per your baby’s schedule. Small baby’s sleep for around 14-18 hrs a day. So, per their sleeping time you can dedicate 30 mins for yourself. GO with positive attitude, it will help you.
- Start step by step: Initially 30 min exercise will also help you. Go for walk, do spot jogging for 20mins, Skipping, Stepper etc aerobic exercises will help you. It is okay If you are able to do it 80% also. Regulate you routine and get going.
- Which exercises you will include? Floor exercises for stomach are essential. You can discuss with your fitness trainer about appropriate exercises. As weight loss after pregnancy will be aiming to lose belly fat.
- Two important nutrients: Calcium and iron are most important nutrients for lactating mothers. Till 6-7 months post-delivery you need to be on these supplements, as lactation increases requirements for them. Dietary calcium and iron intake should also be increased. You can include foods like low fat milk, milk products, green leafy vegetables, nuts and oil seeds in your diet.
- Do not go on low calorie diet: Low calorie diet will not help you losing weight. Consuming small and frequent meals will help. Try and select balanced diet foods in daily diet.
These primary tips will help you in getting started with weight loss post-delivery. Let us know if you have any query with this.