Weight Loss Tips for Vegetarians:
Going for completely Vegetarian diets save you from consuming the unsaturated fat. This doesn’t mean that Vegetarians are not at risk of developing Weight gain, Heart diseases, Diabetes, etc.
There are many Vegetarian foods like burgers, pizzas, packed foods, fried foods etc which are loaded with hidden unsaturated fat which may contribute to your pounds. Even if you are vegetarian, you must take care of your diet to avoid extra calories & maintain weight.
Here are few Weight Loss Tips for Vegetarians to manage your weight by making a smart choice.
1) CONSIDER PROTEINS & Vitamin B12: Especially for vegetarians, meeting protein requirement is the major concern. Include low fat, high protein sources like milk, paneer, curd, buttermilk, soy, pulses and legumes in your diet to meet the requirements. It will help to lose weight. Vitamin B12 defeciency is the second major concern for vegetarian people, as almost of all sources of B12 are from non veg foods. Vitamin B12 has a major role in weight loss. Hence vegetarians can opt for few sources like milk & milk product as well as fermented foods.
2)NO DIETING and STARVING:Very commonly weight loss is associated with dieting, starving or depriving yourself of food. This is absolutely wrong. By practicing these things you confuse your body whether to store energy or to burn calories, disturbing the metabolism. A perfect weight loss program is a best combination of healthy diet & regular exercise. Include more of fruits, veggies, fluids, whole grains in your diet.
3) Go FOR FRUITS & VEGGIES: Consume more of juicy, citrus fruits like watermelons, orange, sweet lime, pineapple, kiwi and many more. Consuming fruits and vegetables increases your fiber content which makes you feel full sooner, reducing your intake. These fruits not only give you fiber but are also rich sources of many vitamins and minerals which are essential for your body. This will help you shed off your extra pounds improving your metabolism.
4) CUT DOWN ON SUGAR : Cutting down on sugar not only means to restricting the sweets and sugar intake but one should also remember the hidden sources of sugar like fruit juices, mock tails, etc. They are the biggest threats to your weight loss. Excess consumption of sugary foods leads to obesity and other connecting lifestyle diseases like Heart diseases, Diabetes, etc. Thus, you need to be careful while consuming these foods.
5) INCLUDE FIBER: Consuming foods which are high in fiber are beneficial for your weight loss. They give you early satiety preventing from over eating. Include whole grains, oats, fruits, green leafy vegetables, nuts in your daily diet to live a healthy life. Fiber also relieves constipation and helps in smooth functioning of your gut.
6) GET ACTIVE: As mentioned before, a perfect weight loss program is a combination of healthy diet and EXERCISE. A minimum of 30min daily exercise is important. You may choose any kind of exercise—may it be your favorite sport, aerobics, swimming and Zumba. Make your exercise fun to avoid boredom.
Following these small tips regularly will surely shade those extra pounds and you may also see a HEALTHIER YOU.