Soy Shami Kabab is a healthy snack option which can be easily prepared at home. Soyabean is an excellent source of protein especially for vegetarians.. It’s known for its high protein and fibre content which makes this recipe an excellent choice for weight watchers. This recipe is Diabetes friendly too.
Ingredients for Soy Shami Kabab:
200 gms Soya Granules
2 tbsp Roasted besan/ chickpea flour
1 large onion grated or finely chopped
1 medium sized potato boiled and mashed
1 tsp crushed garlic, ginger (optional )
1 tsp red chilli powder
Salt as per the taste
¼ tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp garam masala
½ cup water
1 tsp chopped coriander and ginger
Servings : 12
Method for Soy Shami Kabab:
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees for 15 min.
- Boil the Soya granules with ½ cup water, drain and squeeze the excess water.
- In a grinder add soya granules, garlic and grind to smooth texture.
- Take out the mixture in a bowl and add roasted besan, chopped onions, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger, salt.
- Mix in mashed potatoes and garam masala.
- Divide into small portions and grill in the oven for 5 min.
- Serve hot with mint chutney, onion wedges and lemon.