Working life is becoming more and more stressful these days. Keeping balance in personal life and career is more important. These are few tips on spending a healthy day at work. It will help in achieving health goals on busy go.
- Start your work with detailed plan: this plan in respect with your timings and meal. According to work you can manage your meal timings. Experts suggest small and frequent meals helps in maintaining healthy life.
- Do not skip your breakfast: Breakfast is the main meal of the day. Cereals with milk or protein are the best combination. Having healthy breakfast helps in maintaining energy levels throughout the day. Avoid having heavy food such as fried food items, simple carbs etc for breakfast.
- Park your car 1.5-2 km away from the office: This will encourage walking till your office place. Car parking away from the office will ensure you have a walk at least for two times in a day, when you enter your office and when you leave.
- Take small break if you are in sitting job: Taking break after every 2 hours will help. Sitting at one place in same position, may affect body parts. If you are working on computer, go for 20-20 logic. After every 20 mins close your eyes for few secs. Then concentrate on one point 5 ft away. This will help in relaxing the eyes.
- Stretching exercises: In break after 2 hrs you can go for few stretching exercises.
- Stretch your arms. Pull them toward sky. Be in that position for 10 sec and come back to your position. Repeat this for 2-3 times. Will help in relieving back pain.
- Twisting: While sitting on the chair you can do this. Hold the handle of the chair and turn your neck towards left. Try to look behind with your left eye. Be in this position for 10 sec and come back. Again repeat with another side.
- Neck exercises: rotate your neck clock wise for 5 times and anti-clock wise for 5 times. It helps in reducing pressure on the neck and back muscles.
- Carry your water bottle: Drink lots of water. One must consume 2-3 lit water every day. It helps in detoxification and keeps the system clean. Keeping one water bottle at desk is the healthy habit.