Walnut Choco Tarts are healthier due to addition of walnuts in the recipe. Walnuts are rich in omega 3 fats. This dish must be tried once in a while as it is sticky and sugary.
Ingredients for choco walnut tarts:
For the walnut base
- Coarsely powdered walnuts – ½ cup
- Coarsely powdered cashew nuts – ¼ cup
- Sugar – ¼ cup (50 grams)
- Oil to grease
For the chocolate topping
- Grated dark chocolate – ½ cup
- Fresh cream – ¼ cup
- For the garnish: 5 walnuts, cut into halves
Serves: 5 (10 pieces)
- Dissolve the sugar in 4 to 5 tablespoons of water and simmer to get syrup of 1 string consistency.
- Add the walnuts and cashewnuts powder and mix well. Heat over a slow flame and stir till it leaves the sides of the pan.
- Remove from the fire, transfer to another plate and cool completely.
- Divide the mixture in 10 equal portions. Press each portion into 1″ diameter greased tart moulds.
- Unmould the tarts and keep aside.
- Heat the cream in a pan and bring it to a boil. Add the chocolate and mix well to get a smooth sauce, making sure that no lumps remain.
- Cool completely. Pour into a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle and keep aside.
- Pipe a swirl of the topping into each walnut tart, using a piping bag. Garnish with the walnut pieces.
- Tip: If you do not want to make tarts, you can also roll the mixture into a square and cut small pieces of the barfi.
This is a healthier alternative to chocolates or Cadburys. It provides instant energy, ideal to have before sports / PT period. This can be offered occasionally and care should be taken to clean teeth thoroughly after eating these tarts.