A Healthy Diet is not only important for keep all your lifestyle diseases at bay but also to
maintain as well as increase your fertility. Some foods are responsible and have a great effect in increasing the fertility. It might be surprising to know that including these foods in your diet may help you add spice in your sex life making it better. In fact consuming them may increase your chances of getting pregnant if you are having difficulty in conceiving for a long time.
Here are the top 5 foods to increase fertility:
- Omega 3: Foods rich in omega 3 are essential as they maintain good reproductive health. Including foods like fish (salmon and mackerel), almonds, walnuts, and flaxseeds will help you to increase the fertility levels. Try including fish twice a week in your diet. Also stay away from fish with high mercury levels.
- Fresh Fruits and Veggies: Fruits like Pomegranate, Banana, Strawberries, Figs, and Dates are known to increase your fertility and boost sexual stamina. All veggies and fruits are rich in antioxidants, which promote reproductive health. Some fruits like oranges, green leafy veggies, strawberries contain good amount of folate, an important nutrient in pregnancy.
- Whole Grains: Complex carbohydrates like brown rice, wheat, bajra, oats, and jowar are known to increase your fertility. Thus including them in your day to days diet shows wonders.
- Proteins: All the plant protein sources are helpful. Beans, peas, pulses are associated with fertility as compared with poultry and red meat. Plant protein sources contain less of fat. Well there is no need to become vegetarian, but a great need of wise choice.
- Dairy: All dairy Products like, milk, cheese, butter, curd, yoghurt, paneer etc are rich source of first class protein and calcium, which is an important fertility nutrient. Researches have show that including them in diet on daily basis is helpful.
Now, including all these foods in your diet will definitely show wonders. Also remember as there are foods which increase your fertility, some foods are also responsible to decrease it.
Foods like alcohol, carbonated beverages, Caffeine, Products made out of refine carbohydrates (bakery products, junk) and Cigarette Smoking (Active and Passive) are highly responsible in decreasing the fertility of an individual.
All the Best!