Sugar is a high source of calorie and it has been found to be a significant cause of illness and health and weight related troubles. It has been a suggestion from health experts to completely cut down or at least reduce the intake of certain food items which are termed to be absolute killers in terms of the sugar content in them.
We at ‘Just for Hearts’ try to list down the Top 10 of such food items which one must avoid:
1) Granulated Sugar served at the Cafes are the ones to be avoided completely. They contain high levels of sugar levelling upto 99%. These are potentially dangerous for you to consume on a regular basis.
2) Aerated Sodas and Colas are as much of a contributor to modern age health issues as are the mountains of burgers. They contain approximately 94% sugar and can be termed as the cool poison for your body.
3) Candies, the little sugary lumps look delicious and are an absolute tempation to roll your tongue around. Yes, we know that. But beware, with a sugar content of around 83% they are the cute killers around the neighbourhood.
4) Dried Fruits are as tasty as they are healthy. Well we do not say that you avoid them completely, but it is our suggestion that with around 81% sugar content they should be consumed in a limit.
5) Cakes, Pastries and Cookies are delicacies that are enjoyed over the ages and are absolutely timeless and everytime that we look at one we almost die of temptation. Containing 71% sugar they are no innocent participant in your health troubles.
6) Jams and Spreads are a good source of energy and should be consumed but not on a regular basis. Although they have the capability to enhance the taste of tasteless food items but containing upto 60% sugar consumption should be within a limit.
7) Ready to eat cereals are great for early morning breakfast and a fast breakfast. But keep in mind that these cereals contain upto 56% of sugar and shifting to a low sugar content cereal would be good for your health.
8) Jelly, a huge source of sugar, having around 50% sugar. Although a real treat for the taste bud, you should remember your blood does not have taste buds.
9) Canned fruits and Syrups contain around 40% of sugar and although they seem comparatively harmless when compared to the above, we should always remember, a bit extra can always lead to that much of a disaster.
10) Ice-Creams and Milk Shakes also contain around 30% of sugar. But consumed within a limit and with a bit of restriction, they can be enjoyed on a hot summer evening. But remember no matter how tempted you are, do not over-treat yourself.