We all know that all oily and fried foods have higher fat content in them so they are completely banned in weight watcher’s list. But when you closely observe your daily meal and check the fat content of each food, then to your surprise you will still find many food stuff loaded with fat and you are not aware of that.
So have a look at these hidden fat sources in your diet which are adding it to your load of calories:
- Mayonnaise: Real mayonnaise is prepared by using egg yolks particularly while eggless mayonnaise is prepared from starchy potatoes. Egg yolk is considered to be the richest source of fat, and a higher amount of starch from potato gets converted into fat when taken in considerable amount. So ultimately it adds up to your fat pool. Around 75gms of fat can be seen in 100gm of mayonnaise. So the rich source for fat.
- Whole milk and Cream: Whole milk, particularly of buffalo milk, has the very high-fat content as compared to Cow’s milk. That is why always prefer skimmed milk or toned milk available in the market. The cream is nothing but concentrated fat from the milk, so again it is very high in its fat content. Around 10-15 gms of fat can be found in whole milk and cream prepared from that.
- Nuts: All nuts are rich in their fat content, but few nuts like Almonds and Walnuts have ample amount of good fat i.e. Omega 3 fatty acids compared to other nuts like Cashewnuts, pistachio, raisins etc. Also coconut (fresh/dry) or groundnut these are the most commonly used nuts for cooking are also a rich source of saturated fats. So apart from almonds and walnuts, try and avoid other nuts family items.
- Peanut butter / Butter/Margarine: All the butter family items are definitely a barred food products when you are on healthy diets. They are one of the richest sources of monounsaturated fats and thus very unhealthy for our body. 5 gms of butter gives you 4gms of fat, which is surely a No for your diet. Peanut butter is normally considered healthy, but it has around 5 gms of fat in 10 gms of servings.
- Cheese: Cheese is the most tempting food product available, which makes your dish looks good also and tempting also. But 100 gms of cheese has around 30 gms of fat. So not just cheese but also banned preparations such as Pizza, Burger, cheese sandwiches, pastas, toasts etc
- Red meat: Normally anybody is made up of muscles and fat, so animal body also has rich fat content particularly incase mutton or organ meat of chicken as well as mutton. So always prefer lean meat whiles selecting in chicken or avoid taking organ meats such as liver, brain etc. Restrict intake of mutton as less as possible to reduce fat content in your diet.
- Cakes and Pastries: You must be thinking that these sweets can add into sugar pool and not fat pool. But as I had mentioned the earlier excess amount of sugar from out diet gets converted to fat in the body. That is why avoid these products in your diet to control fat content.
- Movie theater popcorns: Surprised? But unfortunately, it is true. These popcorns convert into high fatty food stuff due to the way of its processing. They add too much of butter / oil in these popcorns to pop-up quickly and also to make it tastier.
- Ready to cook packaged meals: It is most common fact that to increase the shelf life of any product excess amount of Oil and salt is added along with other preservatives making it high fat dish. They are the most hazardous source of trans fats so completely avoid them.
- Sea food: Although certain fishes are healthy and contain good type of fat, some sea foods such as shrimps, prawns, lobsters, and crabs have higher amount of unhealthy fats, so you need to control intake of such foods in your diet. Also method of cooking for healthy fishes need to be monitored.