Yoga is very beneficial for our health. It relaxes our body and mind. It is also termed as a good exercise. One of the very well-known asana is surya namaskar. Many of us don’t know why we should perform them. Basically it is a healthy option for complete health.
1. Motivates your complete health: Surya Namaskar is an exercise which stretches your complete body and every muscles. It can also help in controlling the breath. It improves your fitness and gives you a good warm-up.
2. Refines digestion: Surya Namaskar stretches your stomach organs thus helping in digestion. Performing surya namaskar regularly will keep one away from problems like constipation.
3. Gives you good abs: Doing surya namaskar regularly acts as a gym workout and also exercises your abs giving them a good tone.
4. Keeps you oxygenated: While performing these postures, we breathe in a lot of oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide plus other toxins which is good for our lungs. Thus it keeps our lungs oxygenated.
5. Makes you flexible: Stretching always strains our muscles and at the same time relaxes them. Surya namaskar helps one in making the body flexible.
6. Helps one be calm: It is said that these postures help one improve the memory and reduces anxiety keeping one calm throughout the day.
7. Aids weight loss: Being a type of aerobic activity, surya namaskar definitely helps in weight loss. Just performing it at a fast pace can help you reduce your weight.
8. Helps increase height: It is also said that performing surya namaskar in childhood helps in increasing the height of the child.
9. Improves blood circulation: As it improves breathing and incorporates more oxygen in the body, it also improves the blood circulation.
10. Keeps you fresh: Performing any exercise on regular basis keeps you fresh and energetic throughout the day which applies to surya namaskar too!
It is recommended to perform surya namaskar at least 6 times every morning in order to stay healthy and fit. But it is suggested that pregnant women, people suffering from back pain and high blood pressure should consult their doctors and physiotherapists before performing them.