Diwali calls for celebration, family get togethers, merry and yes certainly mouth melting the so called ‘Faral’ which means sweets and savouries. Family get together calls for exchange of sweets. However we have to keep in mind that enjoyment and health goes hand in hand!
Follow These Tips to Stay Healthy During Diwali:
- Plan out your exercise regime well in advance. Start your day with a brisk walk.
- Remember the thumb rule to enjoy every bite of the sweet when you eat, concentrate on what you are eating.
- Strictly avoid maida [refined flour] since it is a high carbohydrate content which is known to increase the blood sugar parameters invariably affecting our health on the long run.
- Even if you opt for a sweet consume it on an empty stomach in the morning time. Avoid late evening snacking.
- Keep a check on the protein intake throughout the day.
- Consuming a protein rich snack in between your meals helps in keeping you satiated. See to it that you add a lot of fiber to your diet in the form of salads and fruits.
- Keep sipping in Small portions of liquids like limewater, Jeera water,barley water, Tulsi leaves water, Buttermilk which also reduces your hunger pangs for certain foods.
- Consume a blend of nuts & seeds like Apricots,Walnuts,Sesame sunflower seeds,Almonds.
- Prepare only limited portion of sweet items at home.
- Also indulge in a habit to always share it with someone so that you don’t end up eating too much.