Stuffed Spinach Paratha has paneer and carrot put together in the stuffing with green -tinged parathas made with a dough of wheat flour and spinach puree. All ingredients make it a very healthy and appealing recipe. Spinach puree imparts softness, these stuffed spinach parathas stay nice and fresh for longer.
Ingredients for Stuffd Spinach Paratha
- Whole wheat flour – ¾ cup
- Spinach puree – 3 tbsp
- Grated paneer – ½ cup
- Grated carrot – ¼ cup
- Ginger-green chili paste – ½ tsp
- Finely chopped coriander – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- 1 – 2 tsp oil
Serves: 2 (4 paratha)
- Combine grated carrot and paneer in a deep bowl, add ginger-green chili paste, coriander and mix well.
- Knead dough by adding spinach puree and little salt to wheat flour (semi stiff consistency). Keep aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions and divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Roll the portion of dough into a circle. Place a portion of the stuffing into a centre of the circle. Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly. Roll again into a circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non stick tava and cook the paratha using a little oil until golden brown spots appear on both the sides. Repeat steps 3 to 7 to make 3 or more parathas.
- Serve with curd or raita.
Panner adds proteins, carrot and spinach add vitamin A and iron as well as fibers. It is a good and healthier alternative for roti-sabzi in tiffin.