These Sattu laddoo or sattu protein balls are very healthy, sugar free, gluten free recipe with absolutely zero artificial additives added. Sattu Laddoo is a nutritious alternative for rawa laddoo.
Serves 1 (2 medium laddoos)
- Sattu (roasted horse gram/chana powder) – 3 tbsp
- Almonds (roasted) – 4-5 pieces
- Walnuts (roasted) – 2 pieces
- Garden cress seed (aliv) – 1 tsp
- De seeded fresh med. size date- 4-5 pieces
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Elaichi powder- 1/4th tsp
- Roast Sattu in ghee.
- When it turns a little golden add mashed deseeded dates, mix well and cover the vessel.
- Add elaichi powder, garden cress seeds and roasted nuts at this stage.
- Once a little cooler, make laddoos. If binding gets difficult, add little more ghee but make sure the sattu mix is not completely cooled down as you won’t be able to make proper laddoo shapes.
- You can store these for 15 days by storing in air tight jars.
It is a protein and iron rich receipe. Sattu is a good source of protein for vegeterians. Garden Cress seed is an excellent source of iron. Almonds and walnuts provide protein, the much essential fats and omega 3 fatty acids. Ideal as a pre sport snack for short break.