Baked Multigrain Mathri is crunchy, yummy, fiber rich and low calorie snack option for Diwali. Italian flavors add to the taste and make this recipe even more interesting.
Ingredients for Baked Multigrain Mathri:
1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)
1/2 cup Ragi Flour (Finger Millet)
1/2 cup Olive Oil
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, (or rosemary and thyme)
1 teaspoon Baking powder
Salt, to taste
1 teaspoon Black pepper powder, freshly crushed
Milk, or yogurt to knead the dough
Preparation for Baked Multigrain Mathri:
- Preheat the oven to 200 C and grease a baking tray with olive oil or butter.
- Begin by combine all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add the olive oil and combine it into the flour mixture to get a coarse crumb like texture.
- Gradually add the milk or the yogurt and knead to make a soft and smooth dough. Add the milk or yogurt little at a time, else you will have a dough with too much moisture. Knead well for about 5 minutes. Add the two tablespoons of olive oil on the top and knead again.
- Roll the dough and using cookie cutters of desired shape, cut the mathri’s.
- Prick them evenly with a fork and place them on the greased baking tray. Proceed the same way with the remaining dough portions.
- Bake the mathri’s in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool completely. The Multigrain Mathris continue to cook and get crisp in this cooling process.
- Serve these Delicious Baked Multigrain Mathris plain or along with Sweet and Spicy Tomato Chutney, Tangy Bell Pepper Hummus or even a Mexican Chilli Bean Dip.