Rava Toast is a healthier alternative for bread butter or bread jam. Kids like the texture and taste of this dish.
Ingredients for Rava Toast:
- Whole wheat bread slices – 4
- Semolina (rava) – ¼ cup
- Finely chopped onions, capsicum, tomatoes – 2 tbsp each
- Finely chopped coriander – 1 tbsp
- Curd – 2 tbsp
- Chilli powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for greasing and cooking
Serves: 2 (4 slices)
- Combine all the ingredients except bread slices in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place all the bread slices on a clean, dry surface and spread the portion of topping evenly over it.
- Heat a non stick tava and grease with little oil. Place 2 toast on it with the topping side facing downwards and cook it on a medium flame using a little oil.
- Turnover and cook on the other side till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Cut each toast diagonally into 2 equal portions. Reapeat steps to cook 2 more toasts.
- Cool completely and pack in a air tight tiffn
Semolina lends a nice grainy texture to a dish, and when toasted it gives out a rich flavor. A dash of curd lends a bit of tang to the recipe and helps roasting, while a sprinkling of chilli powder adds some spice to the tiffin treat. It stays good in the tiffin box for 4 hours. It is a calorie dense recipe. Serve with a cube of cheese to add proteins.