Monsoon is favourite season for kids to enjoy but it also brings the season of infections along with it. All mummies must be worried about what precautions to be taken to combat these seasonal infections. No need to say “Rain rain go away” rather improve your kids’ immunity and get yourself prepared with these few tips. As a result, you will make your child ready for this season of monsoon.
- Protect yourself from the cold before it reaches you: Common flu, cold, fever, waterborne and airborne infections are commonly catching situations in this season. So build your kids immunity by giving them healthy foods and following healthy hygiene habits.
- Mom is the best cook: To protect your child from getting affected with especially water-borne diseases like diarrhoea, typhoid, dysentery, etc. prevent your child from eating outside. In this rainy season water used for preparation can be contaminated or dirty. It is better to give them homemade and warm foods always.
- Rain dances as less as possible: This is the season of unpredictability. We cannot guarantee about rain, so it is always better not to leave home without carrying all your raincoats, rainy shoes or umbrella. Reduce the chances of getting wet in the rain as much as possible.
- Make kidos room warm: Suddenly after summers weather turns out to be cold or breezy. So, this is the time when your kids can catch a cold/ fever. So maintain kids room temperature warm and also make his body warm by wearing proper warm clothes. But sometimes even if it is raining, still due to humidity body heat increases and the child starts perspiring more. so in such cases observe and then wear loose cotton clothes.
- Keep germs away: As this is a season infections, keep your house clean. use antiseptic liquid cleaners for cleaning your floors. Make a habit of washing your feet once you enter the house, to avoid germs contact. Also, give him a hot bath as on he gets drenched in rain. Teach him the habit of using hand sanitizers.
- Be a stagnant water observer: Water stagnation is attracting site for mosquito breeding or growth. So be a close observer for stagnation at your house or in your neighborhood. Thoroughly clean all empty tanks, water coolers, water pots, flower pots, any decorative articles wherein storage of water is required as this is one of the potent cause of water-borne infections.
- Mosquito/ flee free homes: This is the most favourite breeding season for all infection causing mosquitoes so protect your home by making it mosquito free not just by the use of coil but by using spray or liquids. Coils can cause allergies to your little ones.
- Yummy and healthy foods: Following a healthy balanced diet with lots of fresh fruits and vegetables can help you giving lots of Vitamin A, E, C, and B-complex groups along with antioxidants. This can help you with improving your immunity and tolerance to infections.
Also, make a habit of eating warm foods and hot liquids like soups etc. to keep your body temperature warm. It also helps improve your immunity. Avoid eating non-vegetarian foods especially fish or mutton during this season. Because it is difficult to digest and can be a source of infection. Therefore, try and give easy to digest foods as digestive immunity is on the lower side.
- Plenty of Water: Ask your child to drink lots of water in this rainy season. Make sure that the water for drinking should be boiled before use. Drinking lots of water flushes out germs or bacteria and cleanses your system. A properly hydrated body is always equipped to prevent common flu or cold infections.
- No to Wet clothes: Make sure that whenever you wash cloths of your little one’s, they should be dried properly. Because if clothes are wet then they can be a source of infection. Also in rainy season sun-drying of clothes is not possible so infection chances are also more. So it is better to check for drying.