As everyone feels these winter chills, everyone knows that it’s the season for cough and cold. Unbearable cold and fall in temperature makes one prone to these very common conditions.
Many times our body finds it difficult to cope up with sudden rise or fall in temperature. And hence these illness are a sign that we have not yet adjusted to the temperature changes. It is not a seasonal disease and occurs in all seasons.
When we asked how to prevent yourself from cough and cold to general public we got following replies:
- One should wear warm clothes in winters.
- Use scarf or handkerchief to protect yourself from dust.
- Put cotton in ears and socks on your feet as it will not allow air to flow through ears and help in keeping your feet warm thus preventing from cough and cold.
- Doing exercises like sun salutations, yoga, jogging, morning walk, dancing also helps one be fit in this changing temperature.
- Have green tea at least once a day. It contains antioxidants which increases the immunity of your body hence keeping you away from cough and cold.
Our experts recommend to have 1 cup of ginger tulsi (basil) kadha. Have 1 spoon of honey in warm water every morning empty stomach. One can also have 1 glass of milk with haldi powder (turmeric powder). Add citrus fruits to your diet on daily basis in order to increase immunity. Drink warm water to avoid any infection and cough or cold.
If you have any more suggestions feel free to tell us about it here..!!