Nutrition of a baby is very important for their proper growth and development. Their weak and soft body needs a proper nutritional diet for strong muscles, bones and a sharp brain. One should include diets rich in iron, calcium, zinc, Vitamin A, D, E and K, Vitamin C and B etc, in their daily dose to fulfill the requirements of the infant’s baby.
There are many baby foods which are available in market and you can also prepare the baby food at home with keeping the nutritional factor in mind.
- Baby cereals such as cerelacs should be given to your baby at age of 6 months as these cereals are rich in iron contents. Other sources may be eggs, soybeans, spinach or avocados, meats, poultry and fishes. They help in development of brain along with their growth.
- Breast milk, a cup of whole milk or 6 ounces of yogurt is also nutritive for the baby’s body as small baby’s should be feeded by mother’s milk while baby’s of 1 year of age group also include the cow’s milk as its rich in calcium which help the baby’s to achieve peak bone mass which is necessary for building strong bones and preventing them from fractures.
- One should also give the zinc rich diets to children beyond 7 months of age and fish which also contains some iron supplements and these food sources helps in maintaining the immune function and assures the cell growth and repair.
- Beyond breast milk, the baby’s should also provide with good source of Vitamin A which includes carotene rich fruits and vegetables such as carrot, sweet potato, broccoli etc. egg yolk and fish are rich in Vitamin D and cereals and grains are rich in Vitamin E. These vitamins promote proper vision and healthy skin, increases calcium absorption and helps in bone growth.
- Daliya is also a best option for baby’s food as it contains the nutritive elements for their body and helps in proper growth and development.
- One should also give khichdi consist of dal and mashed vegetables which fulfills the nutritional requirements.
- Vegetable soups are also good for baby’s body. It provides vitamins and minerals for their development of brain and body parts.