Plum Phudina Mojito is a healthful option full of seasonal fruit Plum! Vibrant red colour of fully ripe plum enhances the eye appeal of the meal as well as chances of tiffin been eaten fully!
Serves: 4 (4 glasses)
Ingredients for Plum Phudina Mojito:
- Medium size ripe plums, chopped – 8
- Mint leaves – ½ cup
- Lemons, cut into small pieces – 2
- Honey – 4 tbsp
- Jaggery – 4 tbsp, dissolved in 1 cup water
- Black salt
- Combine the plum, lemon pieces and mint leaves in a big jar or a vessel, mash it lightly using a pestle. Make sure the plum and lemons are mashed properly to release their juice.
- Add the honey and jaggery water, stir well. Let it rest for few seconds.
- Add 3 glasses of chilled water and stir well.
- Pack in a leakproof glass bottle or an air tight glass along with the pack lunch.
- Tip: Select fully ripe, sweet plums to cut down on the amount of jaggery used. Ensure it stays chilled till the kids savour it at school, do add a few ice cubes.
Naturally sweet fully ripe plum is a storehouse of antioxidants and Vitamin C that help build immunity and fight diseases. An instant energy drink that uses healthier options like jaggery and honey as against sugary laden drinks. Mint is a herb that aids digestion and adds freshness to the Mojito.