Oats dosa is healthier version of regular rice based dosa. Oats have more fibers and lower glycemic index compared to rice, so oats dosa keeps one full for longer.
Ingredients for oats dosa:
- Soak urad dal in water for 2-3 hours or overnight. Blend it to smooth consistency.
- Mix rice flour, dal and oats flour together.
- Add water to make smooth batter and keep it for some time.
- Add salt as per taste.
- Heat the pan, pour the batter on the pan and spread it evenly.
- Flip it to cook from both the sides till it becomes brown.
- Serve it with coconut chutney or sambhar.
It is a healthy and balanced recipe as it provides carbohydrates, proteins as well as soluble fibers. It can be quite filling and a nutritious option for short break tiffin.