Nutritious Ragi Idli is best option to try for breakfast or snacks time. It is rich in proteins, vitamins, mineral. Ragi is rich source of proteins so good to improve haemoglobin too.
- Wash urad dal well and soak it for half an hour along with fenugreek seeds.
- Grind the dal into smooth paste with blender or grinder.
- When the dal is well done, add the millet flour and blend everything to a smooth paste until the batter is fluffy.
- Add salt to the batter and mix everything well.
- Let it sit overnight or 6-7 hours to allow fermentation to take place.
- When the batter has raised to 1/3 rd of its size, they are ready to be steamed.
- Pour them into idli moulds and let it steam for 5-7 minutes.