Appe is a famous dish of kids as well as adults. Appe can be made on fasting days with few simple ingredients.
Ingredients for Upawasache appe:
- 1 cup Varai
- 1/4 cup Sabudana
- Finely chopped Coriander leaves
- 3/4 cup Curd
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Green chili paste
- Salt to taste
Preparation of Upawasache appe:
• Take varai and sabudana into a blender jar and blend it into coarse powder.
• The mixture should have coarse consistency.
• Transfer the mixture into a bowl.
• Add curd and mix well.
• Add cumin seeds, bicarbonate of soda, and green chili paste, salt to taste, coriander leaves and blend well.
• Add water to adjust the consistency, consistency of batter should neither too thick nor too thin.
• Rest the batter for about 15-20 minutes.
• Heat up appe pan on medium heat.
• Add few drops of oil in each mould of appe pan.
• Add appe batter in each mould.
• Cover the pan and cook them on medium heat for about 2-3 minutes.
• Remove the lid and again add few drops of oil along the sides.
• Cook for another 2-3 minutes until appe get golden color from the base.
Enjoy upawasache appe with groundnut chutney!