Try out this Navratri special Sweet Potato Halwa on the occasion of fasting to satisfy your sweet tooth. This recipe is packed with many nutrients and great dessert option for fasting days.
- Sweet Potatoes: 2
- Low fat Milk: 1/4 cup
- Sugar: 2 tbsp
- Cardamom Powder: 1/4 tsp
- Chopped almonds: 1 tsp
- Chopped walnuts: 1 tsp
- Ghee: 1 tsp
- Wash and clean sweet potatoes and pressure cook for 3-4 whistles in a pressure cooker.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and mash it well.
- Heat the ghee in a nonstick pan.
- Add mashed sweet potatoes to it and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add low fat milk and 1/4 cup of water to it and mix it well.
- Now add sugar and cardamom powder to it and simmer for 1 minute.
- Do not let it too dry.
- Add chopped almonds and walnuts to it, mix well.
- Serve hot or chilled.