Makhana ladoo recipe is a quick and healthy dessert made with phool makhana, nuts and jaggery.
INGREDIENTS FOR MAKHANA LADOO
Lotus seeds(Makhana) – 80 grams
Ghee – 1 teaspoon
Coconut – 25 grams
Raisins – 40 grams
Ghee – 1 tablespoon
Almonds – 40 grams
Cashews – 40 grams
Ghee – 1 teaspoon
Edible gum – 25 grams optional
Jaggery – 120 grams
Water – 50 milliliters
Ghee – 60 milliliters
PREPARATION OF MAKHANA LADOO
1. Take a skillet, add lotus seeds and dry roast for 3 – 5 minutes on medium heat or until it turns golden brown in color.
2. Remove it from heat and Blend it into a fine powder and keep aside.
4. Heat a teaspoon of ghee in a pan, add coconut and roast till it turns golden brown in color.
5. Add raisins and mix it well.
6. Remove it from heat and keep aside.
7. Heat a tablespoon ghee in a pan, add almonds, cashews and roast till it turns golden brown in color.
8. Remove it from heat and keep aside.
9. Heat a teaspoon ghee in another pan, add edible gum(optional) and roast for a few minutes on medium heat.
10. Remove it from heat and transfer this into a blender, add the roasted dry fruits and blend it into a powder.
11. Take a pan, add jaggery and water, stir continuously until the jaggery is melted.
12. Then, add the blended lotus seeds, blended dry fruits, roasted coconut mixture and mix it well.
13. Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
14. Remove it from heat, add ghee and transfer this into a bowl.
15. Take some warm mixture in your hands and shape it into a lad00.
17. Store in an airtight container.
NUTRITIONAL SIGNIFICANCE OF MAKHANA LADOO:
Phool makhana is a great source of protein, carbohydrates, fibre, magnesium, potassium, iron and zinc, very good for growing kids. High in fibre and low in calories, it enables weight loss.