Makhana kheer is a good and nutritious option to have especially in fasting days. It is rich in carbohydrates, proteins, and many other nutrients which keeps you energetic even in fasting days.
- Makhane/ puffed euryle ferox: 1/2 cup
- Milk: 1/2 liter
- Sugar: 2-3 tsp
- Ghee: 1 tsp
- Almonds: 6-8
- Cardamom Powder: 1/4 tsp
- Charoli: 1/2 tsp
- Chop the makhane finely and grind them in a mixer coarsly.
- Boil the milk add keep it aside.
- Soak the almonds for 10 minutes and thinly slice it.
- Heat the pan on medium flame and add ghee to it.
- Now add coarsely grind makhanas to it and fry it for 1-2 minutes.
- Now add boiled milk to it and mix well, let it boil for few minutes on low flame.
- Stir after every 5-10 minutes and keep it on flame till makhanas get cooked.
- Now add chopped almonds, charoli and sugar and cook for 1 minute.
- Turn off the flame and add cardamom powder to it.
- Keep it aside and let it cool.
- Serve chilled!