Falahaar or fruit salad is a Sattvic recipe and can be consumed as a brunch / evening snack for an energizing effect!
INGREDIENTS for fruit salad
1. Apple (1/2), Plum (1), Pomegranate (1/2), Papaya( 2 slices), Pineapple(1 slice).
2. Grated fresh coconut- 1 tsp
3. Soaked almonds – 5
4. Honey -1 tsp
5. Lemon juice- 1 tsp
6. Cinnamon powder -1 pinch
SERVING SIZE- 1 bowl
Preparation of fruit salad
1. Clean and chop all the fruits into desired cubes. Peel the pomegranate.
2. Into a bowl toss them with lemon juice, honey and cinnamon powder.
3. Serve it with fresh grated coconut.
A bowl of seasonal fresh fruits is an excellent source antioxidants. Beta carotene, lycopene, Vit C, riboflavin, thiamine, anthocyanin, quercetin, soluble fiber, selenium, chromium etc. are among the valuable nutrients provided for good health. Honey, fresh coconut and almonds make up the antioxidants, essential fats and Vit E, respectively. Cinnamon enhances a flavor, with sugar control.