Try this delicious Amaranth flour digestive cookies on your fasting days! They nutritious and even kids will love them!
Ingredients for Amaranth flour digestive cookies
- Amaranth flour – 1 cup
- Oats flour – 1/4 cup
- Butter – 5 tsp
- Jaggery powder – 1/2 cup
- Cardamom – 2-3 pods
- Dry ginger powder (optional)
Serving size: 7
Preparation of Amaranth flour digestive cookies
- Whisk 5 tsp butter or ghee (room temp not melted) with 1/2 cup jaggery for 4-5 mins . It
needs to turn pale and frothy. ( this is important as we are not going to add any baking
- Now add amaranth flour 1 cup ( or any flour u want ) and 1/4 cup oats flour
- Grind a few green cardamoms and add the powder to the dough. Can add some dry
ginger powder too
- Prepare soft dough. Keep it aside for 30mins
- Roll out the dough as a thick roti and cut round shaped cookies
- Bake at 160 degrees preheated oven for approximately 15 minutes
- Cool it down and relish.
Amaranth is highly nutritious gluten free grain. It’s a good source of fibre, protein, manganese, magnesium, phosphorous and iron. It is high in antioxidants like gallic acid, p-hydroxybenzoic acid and vanillic acid.