Anxiety is a condition which involves unpleasant feelings of fear and concern. Anxiety or fear is a part of life. Walking down on a lonely road or taking a test may create anxiety for an individual. It is normal in life, but feeling of anxiety may indicate health problem. It is a temporary phase, as it come goes away along with time. But millions of people are suffering from severe anxiety.
18% of American population is suffering from anxiety. Youngsters to adults from age of (average) 18 suffer from anxiety. Studies suggest that women are more prone to an anxiety disorder than men. It’s the most concerning health issue for senior citizens. It involves feeling of insecurity, fear, worry, nervousness. In severe cases it is classified as anxiety disorder.
Anxiety can be short or long lasting. It depends on the reason person is getting anxious. One can feel muscle tension, heart palpitation, dry mouth, sweating, and inability to concentrate etc. during an anxiety episode. It can be because of a heart problem, hypothyroidism, caffeine, premenstrual syndrome, anemia, diabetes, hypoglycemia etc. One can make use of following remedies to get rid of anxiety.
- Aroma therapy: It is an effective treatment. Lavender oil, Jasmine and sandal wood oil is effective in relieving anxiety symptoms. They impart psychological wellness and overall well being.
- Vitamins: It is seen that B complex vitamin supplements help in relieving anxiety. One can take daily supplements of vitamin b. It is a water soluble vitamin. Calcium and magnesium are the minerals that help in managing anxiety. They also help in stress management.
- Psychological counseling: It involves counseling by experts to overcome an anxiety problem. It can be going back to childhood time and dig into the old memories and cure. It can be done with professional help.
- Exercise: It is best cure for any kind of psychosomatic problem. Hormonal changes bring positive thoughts and adrenaline activity is controlled. One can try jogging, walking, treadmill, gym exercises to get most benefits.
- Deep breathing: Many people experience deep breathing exercises to relieve stress and anxiety. One needs to keep shoulders and chest in position to accomplish diaphragmatic breathing.
- Caffeine: Anxiety and caffeine consumption do not go hand in hand. One needs to avoid or limit the consumption of tea, coffee, carbonated beverages, chocolates etc.
- Diet: One must avoid refined sugar, processed food; carbonated beverages etc. include high fiber food such as bran, whole wheat, brown rice, fresh fruits and vegetables etc.
- Use relaxation techniques: One can take relaxing bath, listen to calm music, and talk to your dear ones about your concerns. Make a habit of listening to calm music at bed time which helps in relieving symptoms associated with anxiety.
- California poppy seeds: Helps in relieving tension. Muscular spasm, headaches etc.
- Chamomile tea: Helps in secreting mood boosting hormones in brain. Aids digestion, relieves pain and backache. Secrets adrenal hormone.
Anxiety or stress is a part of our life in the twenty first century. One needs to learn combating the stress and lead healthy and harmonious life. Make use of these techniques and enjoy every moment of life!