Dengue is a type of fever caused due to mosquito bite. Aedes Aegypti is the mosquito specie which causes dengue. Dengue fever is characterized by reduced platelet count in blood. It starts with high fever lasting for more than 3 days and pain in bones or joints. To fight the disease one need to improve immunity.
Must have foods to treat Dengue Fever:
- Orange, Kiwis: Both these fruits are rich in vitamin C. These fruits help in improving immunity and digestive system. Orange juice is full of energy and vitamins. Consumption of juice will lead to increased urine output. , which helps in elimination of toxins from body.
- Papaya Leaves: it is claimed that papaya juice is natural fighter for dengue fever. Take 2 leaves of papaya, wash them and squeeze out to take juice. It will yield only 2 tsp juice with 2 leaves. No need to cook or boil. One can take this juice once a day. Do not use stem or other part of papaya tree to make juice. The juice is bitter in taste. Also do not store juice for long. It will lose its strength.
- Apple juice: apple is another health friendly fruit. Consuming apple juice with some drops of lemon in it will be beneficial for treating dengue fever.
- Rice gruel or Porridge: simple cooked food is required during high fever. Body needs high energy food to combat high fever. At the same time person may have nausea and lower appetite. In such condition rice gruel or porridge are helpful to improve. One must avoid using spices during this period.
- Coconut water: drinking liquids helps in high fever. It is rich in electrolytes which helps in replenishing the loss.
Some useful herbs and tips to fight against dengue fever:
- Tulsi: Juice extracted from tulsi leaves works good. Tulsi leaves boiled in water can be consumed during the day. It helps in put break of dengue fever.
- Coriander juice is another cure to deal with dengue. Coriander being high in vitamin c helps in curing dengue.
- Boiling 10-15 fenugreek leaves or juice of methi leaves helps in reducing the temperature.
- Drink lots of water to control body temperature.
Apply these easy and simple remedies to cope with dengue fever.