Multi-seed oats crackers serve as a great snack option for those who are calorie conscious and willing to lose weight. It is packed with fibers and good fats such as omega 3 fatty acids.
Ingredients for Multi seed oats crackers
1 cup oats
3/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1/3 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/3 cup sesame seeds white or black or a mixture
3 tablespoons poppy seeds
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3/4 cup warm water
Serves: 8 crackers
Method for Multi seed oats crackers –
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, poppy seeds and salt.
- Add oil and water and stir to combine.
- Let stand 15 minutes, until mixture has absorbed moisture.
- Stir oat mixture again then transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Press second sheet of parchment over mixture and use your hands to press and pull it into a fairly even layer. Finish this process with a rolling pin, using it to flatten the cracker to an even layer 1/8″ to 1/4″-thick. Remove and reserve top layer of parchment.
- Bake cracker until edges are golden brown (15 min).
- Remove from oven. Carefully turn cracker over onto baking sheet using parchment paper.
- Return to oven and bake until center is firm and golden brown around the edges ( 20 min).
- Let cool on baking sheet, then break with your hands into pieces of varying size.
Reserve any crumbles for use as salad toppings or even to top your morning yogurt.