Moong dal dosa is healthier alternative to regular dosa or masala dosa. It can be had at breakfast, at short tiffin break or as an evening snack.
Ingredients for moong dal dosa–
- Moong dal – 1/2 cup
- Rice – 1/2 cup
- Grated carrot/onion/capsicum-each 1 spoon
- Grated ginger-1 tsp
- Pepper powder and salt -1 tsp each
- Oil/ghee-2 tbsp
Serves – 2
- Soak rice and moong dal overnight.
- Drain water of soaked rice and moong dal and grind it. Add little water to make smooth batter.
- Take a large bowl, pour the ground moong dal and add above all ingredients.Mix well.
- No Fermentation required and can store the batter 3-4 days in refrigerator.
- Pre-heat a Dosa Tawa and pour a ladle of prepared batter over it and spread to make it circular in shape.
- Drizzle ghee/oil at inner and outer edges of Dosa.
- Flip it back once cooked. Roll it and pack it in tiffen box.
- It can be eaten with Chutney powder /Coconut Chutney/ Tomato Sauce.
Moong dal is rich in proteins, vitamins and minerals. Rice – dal combination complements amino acids present in these foods. It is easily digestible too. Your child will ask for this yellow dosa more for sure!