Masoor dal pulao is easy to make and easy to digest recipe. It can be given in long break tiffin to kids. It is a substitute for dal-rice.
Ingredients for masoor dal pulao:
- Basmati rice -1 cup
- Masoor dal- 1cup
- Ghee-2 tbsp
- Chopped onion and tomatoes- ½ cup each
- Curd – 2tbsp
- Cumin seeds: ¼ tsp
- Turmeric and red chilli powder: 1/2tsp each
- Cloves: 4
- Salt to taste
- Green chillies: 2 tsp
- Coriander seeds: ½ tsp
- Ginger garlic : 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds: 1tsp
- In a pressure cooker heat oil, add cumin seeds and onions, sauté till translucent. Then add paste and roast till raw smell goes.
- Add tomatoes, chilli powder, turmeric powder, curd and salt to taste, sauté till oil comes out.
- Now add masoor dal and rice.
- Add 2 cups water and pressure cook. Pulao will be ready in 10 minutes.
- You may garnish it with coriander, fresh coconut and dry fruits like Cashews, Raisins etc.
Rice is a good source of carbohydrates; it provides energy. Lentils provide proteins necessary for growth and development.