Masala Idli is a favourite snack recipe and more nutrients can be added by adding more vegetables!
Ingredients for masala idli:
- Idli Medium sized – 6 nos.
- Chopped onion, tomatoes, capsicum – ½ cup each
- Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Finely Chopped Green chilii – 1
- Turmeric powder, red chilli powder, pav bhaji masala, lemon juice – ½ tsp each
- Finely chopped coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil -2 tbsp
- Cut each idli into 9-10 pieces and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add chopped onion and capsicum. Sprinkle salt over it to speed up the cooking process. Cook till onions become soft and light pink in colour.
- Add green chili and garlic paste. Mix well and cook it for 30 seconds. Add tomatoes. Mix well and continue cook
- As it gets cooked, it will be soft. That time mash well using spatula make it pulpy. Add 2 tbsp of water and mix well.
- Add remaining salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder and pav bhaji masala. Mix well and cook it for few minutes.
- Add chopped idlis. Mix properly so that masala is coated to each and every piece of idli.
- Lastly squeeze lemon juice and chopped coriander leaves. Stir well and serve.
Quick and easy recipe using leftover idlis. The tasty masala is loved by kids. It is rich in calories, proteins and fibers. Good for short break tiffin.