HOW TO MANAGE ANXIETY NATURALLY
Anxiety is a feeling of worry, nervousness, or unease about something with an uncertain outcome. Anxiety is something which affects our whole body. It affects how we feel, how we behave etc. It feels a bit like fear but whereas we know what we are frightened of and what we are anxious of.
The main cause of anxiety is stress in our busy lifestyle. Some of us are more vulnerable to anxiety than others. It is somewhat a negative feeling. But there are many natural techniques or methods to manage anxiety.
- CHAMOMILE: During your anxious moment you can consider a chamomile tea to calm down because of some of the components of chamomile bind to brain receptors which help in relaxation during anxiety.
- EXERCISE: Exercise is one of the safe, good for the brain and a powerful antidote to depression and anxiety both immediately as well as in the long term. One of the major causes of anxiety is worrying about illness, health and exercise seem to be an important healer for this anxiety.
- YOGA: Yoga breathing i.e. holding breath and releasing for small instances has been effective in lowering stress and anxiety and the reason behind it is that you can’t breathe deeply and be anxious at the same time. 4-8 breathe, exhale completely through your mouth then inhale in the count of four and repeat at least twice a day.
- DIET: Not common but one of the reasons for anxiety may be hunger so a quick diet may help in giving relief from anxiety.
- MEDICATION: Mindful meditation is a mainstream therapy which is particularly effective in treating anxiety. You can start simply by paying attention to the present moment with curiosity.
- EAT BREAKFAST: Due to our busy lifestyle, most of us skip our breakfast which is a very unhealthy habit, but this leads to low levels of choline which leads to anxiety. So we should always take our breakfast to avoid adverse effects.
- GREEN TEA: It is consist of L-thionine which helps in releasing heart rate and blood pressure, and it tends to reduce anxiety.