Little millet and sago uttapam is a savory, scrumptous millet dish and a healthier version of the rice dosa. It is a high fiber and gluten free dish. Little millet and sago uttapam is ideal for breakfast or evening snack or long break in schools.
Ingredients for little millet and sago uttapam:
- Little millet / samak rice (varai) – Half cup
- Sago – 4 table spoon
- Curd(homemade) – 4 table spoon
- Fresh Moringa (drumstick) leaves chopped finely – 1 tbsp
- Boiled corn – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Tomato – 1 table spoon
- Cabbage finely chopped – 1 tbsp
- Pure homemade ghee 2 to 3 drops
- Salt and spices to taste
- Take samak rice, sago and curd. Soak together for 5-6 hours.
- After soaking for 5-6 hours blend together and again keep for fermentation.
- Add chopped moringa leaves, boiled corn, cabbage and tomato to the batter.
- Adjust the consistency. Add a ladful of batter and don’t spread more.
- Add 2-3 drops of ghee. Cook both the side till done.
Samak rice / Varai contains good amount of magnesium, potassium and other micronutrients like B vitamins, calcium, iron, zinc. Moringa is a storehouse of nutrients and medicinal properties. It is rich in Vitamin A, vitamin C, Calcium, potassium, iron. It contains a plethora of phytonutrients and disease fighting antioxidants.