Kokum rice is a mouth watering innovative recipes especially for kids who love attractive colours and tangy taste. Ideal for long break tiffin.
Ingredients for kokum rice:
- Kokum – 6-8 pieces
- Steamed Rice :- 1 katori
- Bengal Gram, Urad dal, green gram Dhal : 1 tsp each
- Oil: 3 tsp
- Mustard and cumin seeds : ½ tsp each
- Red chilly : 1, green chilly 1 , curry leaves 5-6 leaves,
- Jaggery: 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder, salt: 1/2 tsp each
- Fresh coriander leaves: for garnishing
Serves – 1
- Soak kokum in lukewarm water for 2 hours, add jaggery to it and make fine paste.
- Take oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, bengal gram, udad dal, curry leaves, green chilli, and red chilli one by one. Add pinch of turmeric powder.
- Add boiled rice and kokum paste and mix well.
- Add salt as needed (kokum contains some salt). Garnish with chopped coriander.
Kokum rice is a very yummy and easy recipe for children. Kokum rice is an option for tamarind rice. Combination of kokum and rice gives not only good amount of energy but it is rich in vitamin C and minerals like potassium, manganese and magnesium. It improves digestion, reduces acidity.