Kachori paratha is a dish that can be given in long break tiffin to school goind kids or it can also be consumed at home as a substitute for roti sabzi.
Ingredients for kachori paratha:
- Moong dal – 2 tbsp
- Urad dal – 1 tbsp
- Besan – 2 tbsp
- Onion – 1 small
- Oil – 2tsp
- Ajwain jeera powder – ½ tsp
- Fennel (Souf) -1tsp
- Amchur powder ¼ tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves
- Salt – as per taste
- Wheat atta – 1 cup
- Wash moong dal and urad dal, soak both the dal in warm water for ½ hour.
- Take 1 tsp oil in pan heat it, add jeera and ajwain powder addfinely chopped onion and sauté it.
- Add soaked moong dal and urad dal, add chilli powder souf and salt as per taste, cook till dal become soft.( add ¼ cup of water to cook it )
- Add Roasted Besan, aamchur powder and finely chopped coriander leaves. Let the mixture cool, this will be used for stuffing.
- Take wheat atta in a bowl add some salt and pinch of sugar, 2 pinch of jeera powder and make very soft dough by slowly adding water.
- Take a dough bowl and stuff the besan and mixed dal preparations, make a paratha
- Roast it properly on medium flame on pre-heated Tawa (pan) add 1 tsp oil to make it crispy. Serve with curd and onion raita.
This is a wholesome dish providing perfect combination of carbohydrates, proteins and fats. It is quite filling and can be substituted for roti-sabzi in tiffin.