Jowar katli is very healthy and yummy recipe for snack time or for short break tiffin. It is easy to make, easy to eat and easy to digest!
Ingredients for jowar katli:
- Jowar flour – 1/2 katori
- Gram flour:- 1 tsp
- Buttermilk made from 1/2 katori curds
- Oil: 1/2tsp
- Cumin seeds, mustard seeds: 1 tsp each
- Turmeric : 1/2 tsp
- Salt, red chilli powder : To taste
- Fresh coriander leaves : For garnishing
- Grated coconut / Paneer: For garnishing
- Grease aluminium thali (plate) with oil and keep it aside.
- Mix jowar floor, gram flour, salt, turmeric and red chilli powder. Add buttermilk slowly and mix well to make batter. Avoid lumps.
- Heat the oil in non-stick pan. add cumin seeds and mustard seeds, allow them to splitter.
- Now pour the batter in non-stick pan and stir with spatula continuously on low flame so batter does not stick to the bottom and it won’t from any lumps.
- Cook it till it gets thick, it might take approximately 5-10 minutes. (The perfectly cooked batter has to be thick not falling consistency)
- Now, spread the thick batter on plate wait 10 min and cut in Rhombus shape.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander, grated coconut or paneer.
- Serve it with green chutney or tomato chutney.
Jowar katli is a healthy, tasty, and tempting tiffin recipe for short break tiffin. It is easy and takes very little time for cooking. Its sour taste is loved by kids. It is a gluten free recipe, easily digestible and provides good combination of carbohydrates and proteins.