Jackfruit a delicious fruit belongs to mulberry family. It is cultivated in southern part ofIndia,BangladeshandSri Lanka. This delicious fruit has aromatic smell and sweet in taste. It is mainly found to be cultivated in tropical conditions. People enjoy this tasty fruit in many forms like of raw, cooked, pickles, and sabzi’s.
Apart from its wonderful taste it is packed with many important nutrients such as vitamin A, vitamin C, iron, calcium, potassium, magnesium, manganese, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, zinc and iron. This fruit is also rich in dietary fibers and low in fats.
Here are some Health Benefits of Jackfruit:
- Boosts Immunity: Jackfruit is packed with vitamin C which helps to protect against bacterial as well as viral infections and strengthen immunity.
- Supports Your Bone: It is rich in magnesium, nutrient which required to absorb calcium, strengthen the bones and can prevent bone related diseases.
- Protects against Cancers: Along with vitamin C it is also packed with phytonutrients lignans, isoflavones and saponins which have anti cancer properties. These properties of jackfruit help to protect body from harmful free radicals and protect you from developing cancers.
- Boosts Your Energy: It is considered as energy generating fruit as it is loaded with simple sugars like fructose and sucrose which immediately boosts your energy and keeps you energetic.
- Lowers Blood Pressure: Potassium content of jackfruit helps to lower blood pressure and reduces the risk of getting heart disease and strokes.
- Good for Your Skin: It has anti ageing properties. It helps to slow down degeneration of cell and make your skin younger looking.
- Relives Constipation: High fiber content of jackfruit smoothen bowel movements and helps to relive constipation. It also helps to cure ulcers and digestive disorders.