Monsoon is the season where many people give excuses for not exercising. Continuous heavy rain may stop you from going to gym or for daily morning walks. But to stay fit, to boost immunity levels exercise is also necessary with proper diet. Is this monsoon stopping you too from exercising? Is there any other way where you can burn calories & stay healthy even in monsoon season? Absolutely yes! Few simple home exercises gives you health benefits same as outdoor exercises. If you follow these easy home exercises, you will undeniably get health benefits in rainy seasons.
Here are few exercises to do in rainy season:
- Spot Jogging: Spot jogging means jogging in same place without covering any distance. Here you can jog in same place just like outdoor running/ jogging. It helps to burn calories, safer, cheaper and can be done at any time.
- Stationary Bicycling: Though it might be raining outside and not able to workout in gym, your stationary bicycle always helps in such conditions. Stationary bicycling also a beneficial option who want to lose weight but have knee problem. It is a good form of aerobic exercise and can be performed while watching your favorite tv shows too. Minimum 15-20 minutes of stationary bicycling will help you to stay fit.
- Skipping: It is the most effective fat burning workout you can do at home. It is a full body workout which helps to improve heart rate, lose weight, burns fat, improves muscle tone and aid your coordination and balance. 10 -15 minutes of skipping every day is the best way to do.
- Dance Aerobics: Dancing not only make you feel happy but also very easy way to burn out calories. And when you enjoy the activity you don’t tend to skip it or quit it in between. It is the best form of exercise. Dancing tent to tones and tighten the major muscle group of your body, raises heart rate. It can also burn out calories like walking, running, cycling and help you to lose weight rapidly.
- Yoga: Yoga can be performed at home with proper expert guidance. Yoga exercises recharge the body and mind. At the physical level, the various yoga postures or ‘asanas’ aim to keep the body healthy. It is specially helpful to improve your flexibility levels and make your body relaxed. Daily 15-20 minutes of yoga and meditation with aerobics exercise helps to stay healthy.
To recapitulate, following these home exercises in combination will give you good results. Basic exercise secret is to do it for at least 30 minutes each day to be fit & healthy. No More Weather Excuses, Get Set Go!
You may also like to read Top 10 Health Mantras for Rainy Season