Do you think you can avoid stress? No one can’t. Unmanaged stress leads to serious health problems. Stress is one of the risk factor for heart disease.
Its not yet cleared that stress seldom is a risk factor for heart disease or it affects negatively to other risk factors like blood pressure or cholesterol of lifestyle.
Research has shown stress increases your risk for heart disease in these ways:
- The more stress you have, the higher your risk of having a heart attack and dying suddenly from a heart event.
- Stress can lead to angina due to increase heart rate and increase blood pressure.
- Stress can damage the lining of arterial walls and increase cholesterol deposits enhancing the process of blood clotting.
- Stress increases blood sugar levels which increases your risk of heart disease.
- Stress temporarily causes serious dysfunction of your heart that mimics heart attack. This condition is called as Broken heart syndrome.
Stress may also affect your health in other ways like:
- Exessive worry affects your sleep.
- Stress leads to weakend immune system.
- It worsens the skin conditions like eczema.
- Causes digestive problems.
- Increases risk of depresiion.
If you learn to manage your stress well , it will help your heart as well as general health.