The situation of lock down is creating stress, weight gain, improper sleep pattern etc. As I am working in a hospital, many people came across with following sleep problems:
- Mujhenindnhiaati Mam
- Mam, subha hum late uthrahehaikyuki work from homehai.
So got the idea to enlighten on this important topic & help people get rid of wrong sleeping patterns.
Falling asleep may seem like an impossible dream when you’re awake at 3 am, but good sleep is more under your control than you might think.Researchers have identified a variety of practices &habits – known as Sleep Hygiene.Sleep Hygiene may sound unimaginable, but it just may be the best way to get adequate sleep.
Here are some simple tips for making the sleep of your dreams a nighty reality in this quarantine period.
- Avoid coffee: Caffeine interacts with sleep.
- Turn your bedroom into a sleep – inducing environment : A quiet dark, & cool environment can help promote sound slumber.
- Establish a soothing pre – sleep routine :
- Relaxation before bed is must
- Physical & physiological stress feel activities can cause body to secrete the stress hormone cortisol which is associated with increasing alertness (lack of sleep)
- If you have problems & you go to bed you will not able to sleep is better you write it down.
- Go to bed when you are very tired :
Struggling to fall asleep just leads to frustration, if you are not able to sleep in 20 minutes, wake up, & perform activities such as: reading book’s, listening to music, listening some mythological book’s or chants, until you are tired.
- Nap early – or not at all :
Most of us who are not able to sleep at night, fall asleep in the afternoon. This napping is one of the culprits. Take short or power nap of 15- 20 min before 5:00 PM in evening.
- Balance fluid intake:Drink enough water the whole day, but try to have limited amount of water during bedtime because of which you will be not awakened at nightfor visiting washroom.
- Exercise & Yoga is a must: Exercise can help you fall asleep faster & sleep more soundly – if it’s done at the right time. Try to finish exercising at least 3 hours before bed or workout earlier in the day.
With this if you do yoga it will be very useful to you. BhramriPranayamis the best as it name itself clears Humming bee breath. It is very calming Pranayam& helpful for sleep.
So I would say sleep early, wake up early, try to follow the same routine you follow while going to work. Try to follow a healthy routine, for healthy wellbeing in these lock down state too. It is rightly said “A healthy mind dwells in the healthy body.”