There isn’t anything better than a contagious giggle that you absolutely can’t control.
May it be in a lecture, at office, with friends or family; you just enjoy it with relaxed and distressed feeling. Yes, Laughter works wonderful and also has got its surprising long-term health benefits. Thus, having a hearty laugh relaxes your heart muscles in few seconds and keep your heart healthy.
Let’s check out what all benefits are seen:
WHEN YOU LAUGH:
- Feel-good hormones are released which gives you a feeling of happiness
- Our lymphatic system is massaged and our immune systems boosted
- Boosts Immunity
- Lower blood pressure
- Promotes Heart Health
- Act as Anti-aging aid
- Gives a workout to the diaphragm and abdominal, respiratory, facial, leg, and back muscles
- Reduce certain stress hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline
- Increase the response of tumour- and disease-killing cells such as Gamma-interferon and T-cells
- Defend against respiratory infections–even reducing the frequency of colds–by immunoglobulin in saliva.
- Increase memory and learning
- Improve alertness, creativity, and memory
- Laughter lifts us up and makes life worth living
- Laughter makes us feel good because it defuses three of the most painful emotions (fear, anger and boredom) by releasing them
HOW DOES LAUGHTER WORK?
Laughter works quickly. Less than a half-second after exposure to something funny, and electrical wave moves through the higher brain functions of the cerebral cortex. The left hemisphere analyzes the words and structures of the joke; the right hemisphere “gets” the joke; the visual sensory area of the occipital lobe creates images; the limbic (emotional) system makes you happier; and the motor sections make you smile or laugh.
So, remember to keep smiling and laughing whenever possible. This is a type of exercise which everyone should do and enjoy.
Keep Smiling! All the Bets!