We are all awaiting monsoons,the scorching heat is getting on all of us, isnt it. Monsoon is cooling, monsoon is fun but along with that it brings with it lots of diseases, infection and germs. We should take care of our health and our diet during this fun season.
Let me share with you some tricks which will help us sail through monsoons hail and hearty
- Avoid eating outside– Please try to avoid eating out during monsoon , also avoid drinking outside water, there is lot of water logging and atmosphere is full of germs , there is wind blowing which can settle dirt on street foods , plus lot of bees which can cause diseases like cholera, malaria, jaundice etc.
- Eat light– Since the weather is humid , your metabolism becomes a bit sluggish during monsoon , so eat only when you are really hungry, eat light foods, avoid eating fried foods and heavy foods.Have warm beverages like our favourite masala tea :)
- Up your immunity- Have lot of fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables, try to have foods containing lot of Vitamin C like oranges, sweetlimes , lemon juice etc . It will help you build your immunity to fight against host of diseases prevalent during monsoons like viral infection and flu
- Wash the produce- Wash all the fruits and vegetables very well after getting them from market, wash in warm water with salt added to it to kill all the germs, before consuming salads and making vegetables, you can also blanch vegetables.
- Shower helps- If you have gotten wet, or if you had to walk through puddles and water lodging be sure to return home and take a warm shower, this will ensure you donot get any skin disease or infection. Avoid being in AC after getting wet to avoid – cold and flu.
- Keep house clean– Get rid of all the pests , since its very humid the dirt may stick around longer so clean up daily, also check there is no water logding in the house as it can lead to malarial infestation
- Hydrate- Keep yourself hydrated, drink lots of water to clear your systems, try to have water which is boiled and cooled. Also have beverages like green tea ,herb tea, chamoline tea, they are high in antioxidants and help in increasing your metabolism too and increase your immunity.
- Exercise- Please dont forget to exercise during rains, exercise will help you keep fit and increase your metabolism, it will help you feel fresh, yes I understand its difficult to go for our routine morning walks but we can exercise indoor, like doing yoga or zumba or any of your favorite indoor workouts.
- Home Remedies- Have herb water daily during monsoon- Boil water – Add grated ginger 1tsp + 5-6 leaves tulsi+ lemon grass+ cinnamon powder – bring it to boil and strain and drink – It will increase your immunity, make it for the whole family, also will help to increase metabolism and make weight loss easier.
Hope all these tips help you all. Happy monsoons!! Enjoy!.