Home Made Pizza is a healthier alternative to commercially available pizza. Comparatively it contains less fats and more fibers.
Ingredients for Healthy Home Made Pizza:
For Pizza Base –
Whole Wheat flour – 1 Cup
Curd – 2 Tbsp
Red Chilli powder – 1/4 tsp
Kasuri Methi to flavour / Oregano to flavor – 1 Tbsp
Warm water to make dough
Salt as per taste
Serves – 2
FOR PIZZA BASE
- Combine all the ingredients and knead into a dough with warm water.
- Keep it aside for 30 mins.
- Make a thick Chapati out of it. Just like thin crust pizza base of market.
- Pierce this flat bread with fork.
- Cook on both sides on low flame for 2 mins. Don’t over heat the griddle.
- Browning of Bread SHOULD NOT be there.
FOR PIZZA SAUCE :
Salsa can be used or Tomato ketchup.
This sauce can be made once & kept safely refrigerated for upto a week.
FOR CHEESE TOPPING:
Prefer using cheese slice. This pizza has 1.5 cheese slice broken into small pieces to evenly spread it.
VEGETABLE TOPPING :
You can use Corn, Capsicum, Bell Peppers, Onions, Tomatoes etc or a combination of few amongst these.
Home made 100% with whole wheat pizza base (no baking powder/ soda/ eno used). Cheese is always better than butter since cheese is a healthy fat with good amount of protein and calcium too. It’s quite filling and kids can enjoy it without guilt.