Healthy Green Square is an attractive version of dhokla. It is more nutritious too. Kids will like this colourful recipe.
Ingredients for Healthy Green Square:
- Rice flour – 3 tbsp (50 gm)
- Green gram dal flour – 4 tsp (20gm)
- Raagi flour – 4 tsp (20gm)
- Spinach – 1 katori (20gm)
- Curds – 2 tsp (10 g)
- Oil – 1 tsp (10 g)
- Jeera powder, black pepper, mustard, hing, salt and sugar – to taste
- Wash spinach properly and blanch it for 2 to 3 minutes. Then grind it to make fine puree.
- Mix all the flours. Add in it a pinch of jeera powder, black pepper, salt and sugar to taste.
- Add in spinach puree and curd. Mix thoroughly.
- Take a round shaped or square shaped pan. Greese it with ghee and pour all mixture in it.
- Steam it for 15 to 20 minutes.
- When it cools then cut in square shaped pieces. Give mustard hing tadka (optional). Serve with green chutney.
Green Square is a healthy option for short break tiffin. It is rich in Proteins, Fibres, Iron, Calcium and probiotics. It is easy to digest and healthy for gut.