Health benefits sleep: Health is wealth – everyone is aware of this saying, To achieve the optimum health you need 3 pillars: good nutrition, exercise, and the most neglected one “SLEEP ”. A good quality sleep at right time is beneficial for heart, mind and for weight watchers too. In children’s, a good quality sleep supports their growth and brain development. Sleep debt can affect your work, how well you think and in children’s their grades.An average adult should sleep for 7-8 hours a day.
health benefits sleep:
1) IMPROVES IMMUNITY: Sleeping at least 7 hrs per day improve one’s immune functioning. The people who sleep less than 7hrs/day are 3times more prone to develop cold.
2) ENHANCE MEMORY: If trying to learn something or stuck with some project, a power nap can help you. Sleep helps to improve cognition, concentration, productivity, and performance. Children’s who sleep enough have better problem-solving skills and memory.
3) HEALTH HEART: Sleeping less than 7-8 hours per night is linked to an increased risk of heart disease and stroke.
4) BALANCE HORMONES: The lack of sleep can throw hormones hey-day which leads to decreased glucose tolerance, the risk of type 2 diabetes, increased cortisol levels, decreased Leptin and insufficient production of thyroid stimulating hormone.
5) CURB STRESS & ANXIETY: If you think long working hours are the cause of your anxiety and irritability, Poor sleep or sleep disorders (obstructive sleep apnea/insomnia) are strongly linked to anxiety and depression.
6) HEALTHY WEIGHT: Sleep and metabolism both are controlled by the same sector of the brain. Sleeping less than 7.5 hrs/day is linked to higher risk of weight gain both in children’s and adults.
7) REDUCES INFLAMMATION: Research indicates that C-reactive protein responsible for heart diseases, arthritis, stroke, diabetes and premature aging is higher in people who get a fewer hour of good quality sleep.
8) ENHANCE SPORTS PERFORMANCE: A good night sleep helps in the repair of the muscles and can enhance your athletic skills. You cannot simply achieve health without taking care of you SLEEP.