Morning Walk – Earlier it was an unprescribed way to good health. Isn’t it? Our forefathers used walking purely as a means of necessity – for going from place to place. Sadly rapid advances in technology have destroyed our health due to change of modern lifestyle from rudimentary physical activity. The simple way to get back to a good health is ‘morning walk’. It’s a ready remedy for most illnesses.
- Set your alarm: Keep your alarm clock a meter or two away from bed so that you have to get up to turn it off. Do not go back to bed. It will make you go back to sleep.
- Plan your route: If you are planning to walk a long distance make sure that you know how to get back.
- Avoid busy streets: You need out doors with eco friendly and clean environment. This would help to relax your brain and exercise your body.
- Dress according to the weather: Clothes during walking should be comfortable. Check out for the fabric which is sweat absorbent and breathable.
- Right walking shoes: It is another important requirement. As wrong shoes may cause damage to your feet, knees, hips, joints and back. Invest in good shoes so that you enjoy walking with complaining any sort of pain in your feet or legs.
- Tune into a i pod or mp3 player if you like music. But listen it at low volume.
- Never go empty stomach for a walk. Always have some light snack like biscuits, tea or coffee at least half an hour before you go for walk. This will prevent you from hypoglycaemic crises. People with Diabetes should strictly follow this instruction.
- Make sure you have a watch, sugar candies and bottle of water with you.
- Make a point to know where there are open stores like coffee house, pharmacy etc. So that you can go to if you are in trouble.
- It would be excellent if you carry some identification card in your pocket while going for morning walk. This identification card should have your complete name, address, contact number of your relatives and in short the details of disease you are suffering from, if any.
- If you are alone at morning walk and anything happens to you, this identification card could help others to identify you and take you to nearest medical facility.
- Warm up is very important before you start walking. Perform stretches and do light body movements as they will warm up the muscles and reduce the chances of sprains or injuries. It will make you ready for cheerful morning walk session.
- Walk slowly for initial 2-3 minutes and then increase your pace for next 2 minutes. Again slow down for 2 minutes and then speed up. This way you will not get tired soon.
- Have a quick nutrient dense meal as soon as you return from walk. This will help you for better work out the next day.
The whole is calm and quiet in the morning. There is hardly any noise or disturbance. Nature is at its best in the morning. The cool fresh air inhaled in the morning keeps us energetic, happy and fit the whole day. A morning walk is good for our legs, arms, chest and waist. In fact, it is good exercise for whole body.
You remember the proverb “Early to bed and early to rise makes the man healthy, wealthy and wise.” So we are made to leave our bed early morning and asked to get ready for morning walk.
Let’s start from today itself!! Best of luck!!